rUBY McMillian-Riley, Md.S
Phone: 251-248-2960 ext :
Welcome to Repton Junior High School School Counseling Page!
Our Guidance and Counseling department is here to help our students focus on academic achievement, personal/social development, and career exploration to ensure that our students become productive members of society. Our Comprehensive School Counseling Program supports and promotes classroom instruction, student achievement and overall student success. Our program is proactive, preventative and utilizes strategies to enhance academic accomplishments, career awareness, conflict resolution, goal setting, resiliency, positive interpersonal skills, and stress management. It is our mission to maximize the potential of all students, helping them to become responsible members of society.
Some Reasons to Contact Your Child’s School Counselor Are:
- Academic skills support
- Career/Future planning
- School adjustment issues
- Coping, problem-solving, decision making concerns, bullying
- Organization, study and test-taking skills
- Peer relationships, and conflict resolution problems
- Divorce, separation and family changes
- Experiencing loss, death and grief
- Substance abuse awareness
- Multicultural/diversity awareness
- School-based and community resources information or referrals